AIMS OF LEICESTERSHIRE ACADEMIES GROUP (LAG)
- To act as a forum and point of reference for Multi Academy Trusts, Academies and other schools considering becoming academies within the Leicestershire area and other educational services.
- To meet on a regular basis and to invite outside Speakers to present to the group on current issues.
- To enable regular networking opportunities between members.
- To seek to provide a collective voice for the Academy Sector in the Leicestershire area and beyond.
- To provide regular updates and consultation opportunities on both local and national issues.
- To promote the views of Academy Sector on Local Authority Forums, Focus Groups and Working Parties both locally and nationally.
- To seek to provide a platform for New Members to join the group at any time.
- To raise awareness of Professional Training and Development opportunities available to members in order to enhance their personal development and that of the leadership and management of their Academies in partnership with existing organisations e.g. Teaching Alliances.
- To provide professional support to all members to enable them to both enhance and improve the effectiveness of their Academies and the quality of education offered to young people in the Leicestershire area.
- Encourage and promote efficency including negotiating discounts for members where possible
To provide the above in a cost effective, efficient and inclusive way.
Membership is currently £75 per member which includes all conferences and on-line website support.
If an academy is a member then:
The Board of Trustees or Governing Body can join for £50 per annum and any member of the Governing Body or Board of Trustees can take advantage of the Chair's place at any conferences for free and nominate a Trustee/Governor to have access to the website.
Network Managers or those staff in charge of IT within the academy are able to join for free and attend IT specific conferences throughout the year free of charge.